Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Vacation | Thanksgiving 2014


SnowIt's that time again for first tracks, powders stashes, and downhill fun---- TODAY Nov 26th is OPENING DAY at Snowshoe Ski Resort in West Virginia. LUCKY me I am heading up after work to Snowshoe for a Thanksgiving Celebration with my mom, dad, and Cricket! Current weather forecast is 32°F with 16 inches of snow for the season already-- and looking for more tonight! I am super happy that the eastern part of the state is getting fresh powder & cannot wait to hit the slopes.
Snowshoe 2013 Christmas
This year will be a little different Thanksgiving for my family. Alex is visiting friends up in Hoboken/ NYC- which is where we have done Thanksgiving for the past 5 years. Our normal Thanksgiving those years involved watching Alex in the Macy's Parade carrying a balloon {last year was BUZZ LIGHTYEAR, not sure yet which balloon he is on this year}.
View from Hoboken of NYC 2013
Blowing Up the Balloons 2013
Although the plans are different, I am going to enjoy the vacation time skiing/ snowboarding, spending time with my parents, eating Thanksgiving food + leftovers, and relaxing. There is not much shopping within a hour from Snowshoe so there will not be any Black Friday shopping during my Thanksgiving vacation. Time to hit the road now...

Safe Travels to all !

xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment