Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Garlic Roasted Vegetables

Before I went out of town last weekend I wanted to make sure to use up as much of the fresh foods in my refrigerator. It was a Thursday and I needed something quick and easy so I could use my time to pack for the mountains. I had cherry tomatoes, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms left in the fridge that was not going to travel well on my trip. Using my roommates new Inspiralizer I was able to come up with a quick an easy meal that was so delicious!

Garlic Roasted Vegetables
Adapted from Carolina Charm

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) container of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 container of sliced mushrooms (or you can slice baby bella mushrooms yourself)
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer everything to the covered baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.




While the tomatoes and mushrooms are baking get out your zucchini and Inspiralizer. Chop off both ends of the zucchini and get to spiralizing. I used blade “D” which makes spaghetti noodles. Once you have made all of your noodles toss the noodles into boiling water, cook until al dente, then strain to get rid of the water. You can also eat the noodles raw. If you prefer raw, put a warm sauce on the noodles and they will slightly heat and soften.

Last step is putting the noodles in the bowl and topping them with the Garlic Roasted Vegetables.




Any suggestions for quick and easy dinners are welcomed!
Enjoy!

XX
ETB

No comments:

Post a Comment