Monday, December 8, 2014

Simmer Pot



A few weeks ago as the Holiday's were inching closer and closer I decided it was time to throw together a simmer pot to make my home smell of Holiday goodness. Although there are many recipes I could have used, I decided to make up my own recipe. My own recipe was extremely easy and all I did was gather ingredients from what I already had.  Some common ingredients that are found in simmer pots are cinnamon sticks, apples/ peels, oranges/ rinds, cloves, apple juice, vanilla, anise, and nutmeg.

Instructions: Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil. Add ingredients, either from your favorite recipe or some of the common simmer pot ingredients {I used apples, oranges, plumbs, and cinnamon}, and continue to boil for a few minutes. Then turn the heat down to simmer. Then enjoy! Be sure to add water as needed, usually every 30 minutes or so. 

Tip: Get into a habit of saving (rather than tossing out) your fruit peels when you know your going to be making a simmer pot.

Plum, Apples, Oranges
Finished product. Next time i'll be sure to add some cinnamon sticks for texture and prettier appearance

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment