Monday, October 27, 2014

weekending

This weekend I headed to Mount Airy, NC to visit with my boyfriend {Jack} and his family. When I got their on Friday night we headed to East Coast Wings, which was amazing! We ordered Sweet Heat and Honey BBQ wings. I could not believe that I ate 9 wings... a personal record which I may or may not be happy to share, but oh well! 

On Saturday Jacks mom {Mrs. Linda} a made us some Waffles, currently Jacks favorite breakfast food. She has this really neat waffle maker from Williams Sonoma that makes Farmyard Animals. Unfortunately it is a seasonal item they have not carried in a while, but I found it here
 I always ask for the Rooster & Jack's favorite is the Barn House!

After breakfast I headed to get my hair done... and a few hours I was back at their house and we were off for an afternoon of hiking Pilot Mountain. Jack and I rode in a convertible all the way up the mountain and his mom, dad, and dog {Enzo} followed us. It was a glorious day and I enjoyed every minute of the ride. 

#timetotakeaselfie?
Hat: Vineyard Vines, old (similar here

All 4 of us + Enzo hiked the Jomeokee trail which goes around the top of the knob of Pilot Mountain. The views were amazing from all parts of the trail and the "Leaf Peeping" as they call it was amazing. 

On our way to the trail we passed some people and they said the hike was amazing but watch out for the ladybugs and we had not a clue what they were talking about...until... we rounded the South-East corner of the knob and ran into the most ladybugs I have ever seen in my life. They were literally everywhere, all over your body and all tangled in my hair. I wish I could have snapped a picture, but it was a somewhat creepy feeling having lady bugs all around you at one time. Jack even said "that's enough luck for a while". 




Shirt: Family Dollar (your local store) Pants: Lululemon Sunglasses: Dollar Tree Earrings: Vintage, my grandmothers
Jack: Shirt: Lululemon Shorts: Lululemon Sunglasses: Persol 

Jack's parents are just the cutest! 

After hiking we headed back home for some R&R and hot tub time followed by dinner at Chili Rojo, which I highly recommend if you visit Mount Airy. I had a mini Chimichanga with black beans. It was delicious! After dinner we had made plans to hang out with some of Jack's friends after an evening cruise up the Blue Ride Parkway. The ride was gorgeous, but due to a lost wallet, the rest of the night ended with Jack & me falling asleep to the Well Fargo ringback song. Whomp!!

Sunday morning we woke up and rushed out of the house because we had gotten a call that the wallet had been turned in, thank goodness, but all of the $$ was missing. I am thankful that the wallet was returned with ID, although now none of the cards worked since they were all cut off, but it could have been worse. 

Once back at the house we ate a little breakfast. I had an English Muffin with homemade strawberry jelly, made by Jack's Aunt Jody {after his grandmother's recipe}. We relaxed a bit and then since it was another glorious day, Jack & I headed back up to hike the "strenuous" trail we had seen while on the Jomeokee trail the day before. It was about a 2.2 mile hike in total and by then end I was so tired. We grabbed lunch at Aunt Bea's and headed home to watch the PANTHERS vs SEAHAWKS game. Still sad we lost, but cant wait for the Thursday Night game vs the Saints. 


Shirt: Lululemon, old (currently craving this and this

For dinner Mrs. Linda cooked a wonderful spaghetti dinner and then I headed back to Charlotte.

Anything crazy happen during your weekend??? 

xoxo























No comments:

Post a Comment